For those of you who have not heard, a law firm in Seattle, Terrell Marshall is investigating the possibility of filing a class action law suit against the Port Townsend Paper Company for infringing on the rights of local citizens. The law firm sent out a letter of explanation and a very simple questionnaire (both attached), but not everyone got a copy. If you think that the activities of the mill have affected your life adversely, please do the following:
- Fill out and then email, fax or mail this form to the address provided.
click here for survey and intro letter: Class Action? Take Action! Class Action
Continue to document your experiences and keep any communications between you and the mill and/or state regulatory agencies – keep everything.
- Forward the link for this post to others Class Action – Fill out this survey!
(I’ll be updating this post and adding updates, but the form and letter will remain available from this post.)
They want to hear from you
- regardless of the degree to which it affects you
- if you own, rent OR otherwise are places that are affected
- if your business is impacted
- if you moved your residence or business away wholly or partly because of the mill’s stench
- and regardless of whether you currently live or work in affected areas
They tell us that it IS possible for paper mills to operate cleanly and they have successfully forced mills elsewhere in the country to do so.
Their focus includes statutes around “use and enjoyment of property.” (Oddly, that can be a more effective area to litigate than even extreme health impacts that we experience!)
They have to know that the community backs them enough that it’s worth their while to proceed.
Download and send in your survey now!