Cut through the weirdness that is happening in our Federal government by talking directly with your legislators.
Washington legislator meetings for February 2017:
Kilmer is Tue & Wed evening; Wed 1pm w/Reichart (Dist. 8) is on Facebook
• Derek Kilmer (D) WA-06 Tue, Feb 21, 2017 5:30 PM, PST Lincoln High School auditorium 701 S 37th St, Tacoma, WA 98418
• Derek Kilmer (D) WA-06 Wed, Feb 22, 2017 5:30 PM, PST Admiral Theatre 515 Pacific Ave, Bremerton, WA 98337
• Dave Reichert (R) WA-08 Thu, Feb 23, 2017 1:00 PM, PST Facebook Live
(Mention this to your friends who live east of Seattle, north into the mountains from above Yakima)
I highly recommend going to any or all if you can. Reichert is interesting. Not our district, but he’s “on our side” on certain environmental issues: pro solar, wind, alternative energy; for protecting & enhancing public lands and wilderness. I haven’t dug more deeply into his issues, but a listening opportunity and maybe an opportunity to speak, build bridges, start a basis for future conversations.
Kilmer needs our voices as well with encouragement to stand strongly with the environment, the EPA and in support of real facts not alt-facts. Bremerton is as close as Sequim, so go if you can!
• What will you do to Strengthen the EPA? To make sure that Climate Change is kept on the table, and EPA’s powers of enforcement are maintained and strengthened?
• No “Ministry of Truth”: What will you do to ensure that government science programs are kept strong and allowed to pursue and present findings to the public, free of government interference or censorship?
Comment: Scientists and public agencies must be supported in continuing to collect and provide information to the public, free of concerns about dogma and partisanship.
(c.f., White House removing references to climate change, now fracking science is being erased, those alone are egregious!)
Center for Biological Diversity, offers these environmental questions to ask:
• Will you pledge to me today that you’ll do everything you can to fight Trump’s efforts to roll back progress on fighting climate change?
• What will you do to protect the Endangered Species Act, which just last week came under attack from Republicans? The Act has saved bald eagles and is in the process of saving wolves and grizzly bears — and I don’t want to see it gutted.
ª I love and value America’s public lands and waters. What will you do to make sure they’re protected from oil and gas drilling, mining and other destructive practices?
“Town Hall Project is a progressive, volunteer-powered initiative working to identify and promote upcoming Congressional forums nationwide.”