We have learned that the mill’s stench CAN be cleaned up, cost effectively. Most of their equipment is nearly 100 years old, as is the technological model that their process is based on. A recent upgrade that the mill started and made great publicity about in 2016 only addresses about 1% of their fumes. We’re still getting the other 99%.(Plus PTPC’s water and solid waste pollution remain.)

The mill’s stench is their problem up to their fenceline. Beyond that — to your home or your nose — it’s called “Toxic Trespass” and is illegal.

Cleanup IS possible. It has been done at other pulp and paper mills.

We are in contact with a Seattle legal group that can help us hold the mill accountable, but in order to proceed, they need to know that enough people support them for it to be worth their while to get involved. It isn’t enough for us to say, “Yes, people are extremely concerned” — they need to hear directly from YOU. They need to hear from enough residents anywhere who are accosted by the mill’s smell.

Please download and email in the simple two-question survey at these links below.

If we proceed, this will not cost you anything. Filling out the form does not commit you to anything, this is simply a survey to assess the level of concern about the issue. But we need YOUR voice in order to take action!

See blog post of 2016-09-07

Let me know if this form doesn’t work for you, you had difficulty finding it, or other comment/feedback. It’s also encouraging to hear if you filled it out and/or forwarded it to others!

A.  “.doc” that you can fill out on your computer and email in

2016-terrell-marshall-toxic-trespass-survey-re-port-townsend-paper-mill

or B. Print and mail:

Form-Terrell Marshall Survey Port Townsend

 

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save